Your browser is out-of-date!

Certain sections of this site will not work as expected.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now

Initial Registration Application
There are several different classes of registered professional membership:

Professional Chemist (P.Chem.) and Chemist in Training (C.I.T.) applicants must provide documentation of their accredited B.Sc. in Chemistry, and of their employment history.  

Registered Professional Technologist in Chemistry (P.T.Chem.) and Registered Technologist in Chemistry (R.T.Chem.) applicants must provide documentation of their Diploma in Chemical Technology, and of their employment history.  

Documentation of educational achievement must include at least one of the following:
  • transcript, or
  • copy of degree or diploma certificate, or
  • confirmation of graduation issued by the institution.  
These documents must show the name of the degree program accredited by the Canadian Society for Chemistry and the date of graduation. Graduates of other degree programs must demonstrate they have completed the equivalent of 16 one-term courses in Chemistry. Applicants with degrees from outside Canada must have their educational credentials certified by a credential evaluation agency such as ICES. Employment history must be documented in a current CV highlighting the chemical nature of positions held.

Applications must also provide the name, professional affiliation and contact details of a licensed professional reference. The professional reference must be a registered member in good standing of a professional organization, for example P.Chem., P.Eng., R.P.Bio., P.Ag.  If you are currently registered chemical professional in Canada applying for registration in BC your professional refence may be the Registrar of your current association.
Additional details are in the Criteria for Membership document and on the Frequently Asked Questions page on our website.

We also have non-professional membership classes:

Student members are currently enrolled in Chemistry programs in BC. Applicants must provide proof of current registration in a Chemistry program at a BC university. 

Associate members are graduates in Chemistry working in BC who may not fulfill the requirements for registration as a professional member. Applicants must provide a current CV indicating their educational achievements and their employment history.

Assemble the required information before you start the application process. You can logout (upper right) at any point and the information you have entered will be saved. The application is incomplete until it is submitted at the end of the process.